Those of you who stopped by the TruPlace booth at VRMA were treated to a strange sight you probably hadn’t seen at a trade show before – a goldfish. We named him Gary. Don’t know if Gary was a he or she, but Gary probably doesn’t know either. We played up the theme everywhere we could, with t-shirts, balloons, and of course, a sign for Gary.
We were trying to call attention to the fact that humans have a shorter attention span than the goldfish, which is why a TruPlace interactive floor plan tour is the better choice. It’s faster, so people can tour a home quickly without getting bored or losing interest.
Gary played his role very well during the show. But we wanted to make sure he had a good home to go to after the show that didn’t involve anything porcelain – if you get my drift. So, a very nice man, Tom Fjord with dvdnow, who lives in the Orlando area said he would give Gary a good home, and he sent us a photo of Gary’s new digs. I circled Gary since he is rather hard to see in his spacious new surroundings. Our thanks to Tom and Gary!
Gary made out pretty well, going from pet store, to bowl, to retiring at a Florida “lake”.
We all know by now that buyers and renters start their search online. In most cases, a property has just one thumbnail or image to capture the attention of the potential buyer or renter. Grab the most attention for your listing by making that one image as impactful as possible.
– Add curb appeal – a fresh coat of paint on the front door and spruced up landscaping will pay for itself immediately.
– Hire a professional photographer – a professionally photographed exterior can frame the property just right to show its most attractive angle.
– Spice up your main photo being used on your listing page/distribution channel.
There are multiple things that can attract more attention to a listing:
- Blue skies – can be added in post-production if it was an overcast day
- Green grass – color can be maximized even if it is out of season
- TWILIGHT – adding just one virtual twilight image to your listing and using that as your main focus can add drama and grab someone’s attention more quickly!