Real estate marketing is heavily visual. Videos are a fantastic way to be a little more creative and informative than you can be with just the photos of the house. Listing walkthrough videos are excellent marketing pieces to have in your toolbox. However, sometimes it pays to add an additional step OUT of the toolbox. Here are a few ideas of how to be more helpful using real estate videos that will show off your listing and your commitment to serving your clients.
1. Who are the people in your neighborhood? Think about not only showing the house but the businesses and public spaces that are accessible from your listing. Instead of just listing playgrounds close by – show a video (Tip: be sure there are no children in your videos that you do not have a release for). Is there a great walking trail or bike path? Show it off. Your potential buyers will get a better sense of the neighborhood and be more likely to tour the home.
2. In this virtual age of pandemics and touring from home – here is another real estate video idea that is often missed… introduce yourself. Chat it up a little more. Talk about your experience, your dedication to client services and even go off track a little and talk about what you like in a home. Maybe give a little away about your track record. It’s ok to offer a few humble-brags.
3. Go beyond parks and playgrounds and get real local. Camp out at the local coffee shop and speak with the owner and customers about what they love about the neighborhood. You can suggest that while they wait for the cable-person to set up the Wi-Fi, they may enjoy a local cup of joe and a chat while they get some work done.
4. Is this your first sale? No? Then get some video from your past clients! Don’t ever overlook the power of a good client story or testimonial. Most testimonials are written out text on a website. Turn that content into a great real estate marketing video. Ask a few to record for you. There are several platforms like Tribute.co and VidDay that offer an easy way to have your clients record and allow for simple editing as well.
Going above and beyond doesn’t have to take a ton of time and effort but if you want to improve your real estate marketing videos, a few extra steps could really pay off for you. Use videos in your social media outreach, website, and especially email marketing. Your clients will appreciate your extra steps and dedication.
Studies have shown that the best marketing tactic for your listing is to incorporate a virtual tour. With the right real estate virtual tour, the road to successful sales is that much smoother. Often, we are asked how to choose the right real estate virtual tour for your listing. Here are some tips to know what is best for connecting with potential buyers.
• Does your listing have features that deserve a specific highlight that helps it stand out? A spectacular view from the deck? High vaulted ceilings? Whatever the highlight, the Interactive Floor Plan Tour + 360 Views is the right real estate virtual tour for you. This virtual tour provides the layout so you can see the whole property, but emphasis the best areas with the immersive component of a 3D Tour. Interactive Floor Plan Tours + 360 Views is the best combination of 3D, photos, and floor plans in one seamless product.
Using cutting-edge technology and HDR high-quality images, this unique product is sure to make a listing stand out. Many are familiar with our traditional, easy-to-use, Interactive Floor Plan Tours that embed photos to be displayed when hovering over labels and dots on the floor plan. The Interactive Floor Plan Tour + 360 Views takes it a step further in providing an immersive view. These tours include blue rotation icons embedded into the floor plan that when hovered over display a full 360 View of that room. The flexibility of this virtual tour is also an excellent choice for properties that might have a wide range in buyer demographics.
• The most immersive real estate virtual tour is the TruFusion 3D Tour. This option provides the feeling “like you’re there” and is the best property viewing experience of any 3D virtual tour. The TruFusion 3D Tour allows the potential buyer to explore the entire listing using Photo Slider Navigation, moving from room to room and floor to floor. This virtual tour provides a 3D view of each level of the home. While this tour does not come with a floor plan or photos of the property, it does include enhanced interior colors and clear views out the windows all with HDR quality. The TruFusion 3D Tour works well on iPhone, iPad, or touch screen/touchpads.
• TruPlace’s Interactive Floor Plan Tours display cleanly and easily on a shared screen. They allow the presenter to hover over embedded photos within each room, so they are perfect for Virtual Open Houses. The Interactive Floor Plan Tour is the right real estate virtual tour option to provide a potential buyer or client an easy way to navigate the listing. Unlike many 3D Virtual Tours which can be challenging to navigate, Interactive Floor Plan Tours are known for their ease of use and organization. The great thing about purchasing an Interactive Floor Plan Tour from TruPlace is that it comes with all the photos to showcase the property. There is no need to pay for or schedule a separate appointment. This interactive, user-driven experience of a property shows the layout of the floor plan and allows viewers to navigate at their own pace through each room.
Each virtual tour is hosted on a branded and non-branded Single Property Website URL for MLS compliance. This website also has tabs offering more information about the property, including a map location, personalized lead capture form, and complimentary amenity photos of the surrounding community or subdivision.
Choosing the right tour can make a difference in many factors of the sale. TruPlace is available to help you find the right real estate virtual tour for your listings. We understand the client experience and are adept at matching that with the listing goals. Which virtual tour is right for you?
The only tip a beginner or veteran real estate agent needs when it comes to photos for a property listing in real estate is to hire a professional real estate photographer.
A New Way of Selling
Real estate photography has never been more crucial to a property listing than is it right now. Gone are the days of heavily attended open houses. Many people are still timid about venturing out. As the real estate industry moves toward a predominately digital experience, professional photos produced by a professional photographer are one of the most important selling pieces in the marketing toolbox.
While smartphones are making leaps and bounds in technology, a professional real estate photographer is more experienced at creating the desired engagement and results. High resolution professional photos help you sell your listing faster and for $3,000- $11,000 more than homes with standard photos. It is proven that professional photographs outperform amateur photographs every time. Using today’s advanced DSLR cameras with larger sensors with more pixels, better controls, and interchangeable lenses easily outperform amateur photos.
It also takes an experienced professional to understand and know room angles, lighting, and highlight the spaces that appeal most to visitors. A real estate photographer has the experience necessary to know not only angles, but also ideal camera heights and lighting. The photographer will know which aperture priority to use depending on the amount of natural light in order to make the room look better. Things that an average person or other photographers may not be readily adept at catching.
After the Shoot
Post-production editing skills are a key part of the process that a real estate photographer will also possess. Enhancements can be made after the shoot to items such as the image on TVs, fires in fireplaces, and any other moving pieces that would not photograph very well. Most professionals will turn these elements off when shooting to prevent blur. However, using post-production technology, images can be added to TVs, fires can be added to fireplaces, pool water can be made a more inviting blue, the grass greener, and the sky can be transformed to sunny blue, even from a cloudy shooting day. While not appropriate for cosmetic enhancements that “fool” the viewer, this technology is very useful (and ethical) for enhancing things that come and go. It is important to note that professionals will also have a quick turn-around time for fully-edited images so that your listing process has no delays. TruPlace guarantees next-business-day turn-around on all photography packages and virtual tours. Less time waiting means more options!
If the overall goal is to entice a homebuyer and have your listing stand out with impressive real estate photography, then yes, a professional real estate photographer is a key to success.